Need help losing that last 5 to 10 pounds for the summer? Food 4 Less is here to help with this delicious recipe just for you. Eggplant Rollatini is a tasty dish that boasts excellent health benefits. Not to mention it’s a great food to help with weight loss. Eggplant is a low-carb, low calorie, nutrient-dense food. It is also a low glycemic food, meaning that the small amount of carbohydrates in eggplant doesn’t cause much of an impact on your blood sugar levels (another key for optimizing weight loss).
How To Pick The Right Eggplant (Aubergine):
Eggplant should be plump.
The heavier and denser the better.
If there are signs of wrinkles or shrinkage than it is past it’s prime.
-1-2 Eggplants (depending on size and servings)
-Pasta Sauce (Marinara)
-Shredded Romero Cheese
- Slice eggplant into ¼ inch slices lengthwise
- Place on baking sheet
- Sprinkle with salt and brush with oil
- Grill until soft and pliable
- Boil angel hair pasta
- Strain pasta and lightly apply pasta sauce and parmesan cheese (just enough to wet the pasta)
- Place pasta on slices of eggplant and roll up
- Put a toothpick through each roll (to hold closed) and place in a casserole dish
- Pour enough sauce to cover eggplant rolls and top with dry, shredded Romero cheese
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes
Let Us Know!
Feel free to share any tips or other eggplant recipes you may have!